Have you ever wondered how to make your own caramel sauce?
I'll show you how. With my succeed safe recipe for a delicious caramel sauce that you can make with just a few ingredients in 15 minutes can be prepared.
- 70 g sugar
- 20 g water
- 20 g butter
- 60 g cream (room temperature)
- 1 pinch of salt
- optional: a pinch of vanilla powder, vanilla extract* or scraped out vanilla pod*
Preparation of the caramel sauce
- Bring water, sugar, salt and if necessary the vanilla to the boil on medium heat in a pot. Meanwhile stir with a wooden spoon until the sugar is dissolved.
- Then continue to simmer the sugar mass on a low heat without stirring until it has reached a golden brown colour. With the above mentioned quantity this takes about 5-8 minutes. You should always be especially careful with hot sugar syrup, as you can get burns very quickly. Therefore, choose a pot that is high enough to avoid splashes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the butter with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the cream in sips. It is best to bring cream to room temperature. If the cream is still too cold and the sugar is lumpy, you can simply warm it up again.
- If the sauce is not used up immediately, it is best to pour it into a container while still warm. The sauce will keep in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks. With time it becomes thicker.
It is best to soak the pot immediately in warm water and rinse it out. Once the caramel has set, this only makes more work unnecessarily.
This sauce goes well with various types of ice cream. An unbeatable combination is certainly Frozen yoghurt or Vanilla Ice Cream with caramel sauce. But it also goes very well with pancakes, waffles or chocolate cake.
In the meantime, I have already tried various variations of caramel sauces. But try my Peanut Caramel Sauce or my vegan caramel sauce. But I have equally delicious recipes for homemade chocolate sauce, Strawberry sauce and Vanilla sauce on my blog.
*With the affiliate links in this post you support my blog to cover the basic costs without any disadvantage for you. Thank you very much for that!