Have you ever wondered how to make your own caramel sauce?
I'll show you how. With my succeed safe recipe for a delicious caramel sauce that you can make with just a few ingredients in 15 minutes can be prepared.
- 70 g sugar
- 20 g water
- 20 g butter
- 60 g cream (room temperature)
- 1 pinch of salt
- optional: a pinch of vanilla powder, vanilla extract* or scraped out vanilla pod*
Preparation of the caramel sauce
- Bring water, sugar, salt and, if desired, the vanilla to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Meanwhile, stir with a wooden spoon until the sugar is dissolved.
- Then continue to simmer the sugar mixture on low heat without stirring until it reaches a golden brown color. With the amount given above, this is about 5-8 minutes. You should always be extra careful with hot sugar syrup, as you can get burned very quickly. Therefore, also choose a pot that is high enough to avoid splashing.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the butter with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the cream a sip at a time. It works best with cream at room temperature. If the cream is still too cold and the sugar clumps, you can simply heat the whole thing again.
- If you do not consume the sauce immediately, it is best to fill it into a container while it is still warm. The sauce will keep in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks. With time it becomes thicker.
It is best to soak the pot immediately with warm water and rinse it out. Once the caramel has set, it only makes more work unnecessarily.
This sauce goes well with various types of ice cream. An unbeatable combination is certainly Frozen yoghurt or Vanilla Ice Cream with caramel sauce. But it also goes very well with pancakes, waffles or chocolate cake.
In the meantime, I have already tried various variations of caramel sauces. But try my Peanut Caramel Sauce or my vegan caramel sauce. But I have equally delicious recipes for homemade chocolate sauce, Strawberry sauce and Vanilla sauce on my blog.