A recipe for a really delicious, creamy and vegan caramel sauce that you can make from only 4 ingredients in 5 minutes has prepared. Peanut caramel sauce goes well with a variety of ice cream flavors such as vegan frozen yoghurt ice creambut also to waffles or cakes.
Instead of the usual dairy products Coconut milk and Peanut Butter used. The ideal caramel sauce for Vegan or with Lactose intolerance.
Below I have given you possible Variations written down from the recipe (s. Tips). You can decide for yourself whether you want to create a creamy or more liquid consistency. Of course, it depends on what you want to do with it. For example, as a spread on bread or as a topping for waffles and co. If you like salted caramel, you can also increase the amount of salt (s. Tips).
Ingredients for the peanut-caramel sauce
- 100 g sugar
- 120 g coconut milk
- 60 g peanut butter
- 1 pinch of salt
The preparation is really very fast and consists of only three steps.
- Bring coconut milk (shake well beforehand), sugar and salt to a boil in a saucepan or pan, stirring.
- Add the peanut butter and continue to cook, stirring. Always be extra careful with hot caramel and don't get anything on your skin!
- Allow the finished peanut-caramel sauce to cool. If you do not use the sauce immediately, it is best to fill it into a sealable container while it is still hot.
Vegan Peanut Caramel Sauce Tips
- Depending on whether you have liquid or thick caramel sauce If you prefer, you can either use a little more coconut milk or cook the sauce longer. Remember that the sauce becomes even more viscous after cooling.
- If you want to add the peanut caramel sauce to a salty caramel sauce (Salted Caramel) If you want to vary, then take instead of the pinch about 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- With coconut milk, you should always pay attention to the coconut content. There are some products where the water content is very high. I always take coconut milk, which is at least 80% Coconut contains. It should also not contain stabilizers or emulsifiers. You can find a helpful test at Paleo360.
- The pot or the frying pan best soak immediately with warm water and flush it out. Once the caramel has set, it just makes more work unnecessary.
- The caramel sauce goes very well with ice cream varieties such as Vegan frozen yoghurt or vegan chocolate ice creambut she also does very well with pancakes, waffles or cakes.
- At The sauce keeps for about 2 weeks in the refrigerator. After cooling and with time it becomes more and more viscous. If you want to have it liquid again, you can heat it briefly before use. Either in a water bath or in the microwave.