The special thing about the Malaga Ice are the ice creams alcohol pickled raisins. In the original recipe they are used in Malaga wine. pickled. This is a sweet dessert wine from Andalusia. Alternatively, you can put the raisins in a good rum. This is also the most widespread variant for ice cream parlours.
A alcohol-free version you can find further down at Tips.
Ingredients Malaga Ice Cream
- 400 g milk
- 75 g brown sugar or cane sugar*
- 3 egg yolks
- 1,5 TSP vanilla extract* or 1/4 vanilla pod*
- 1 pinch of salt
- 180 g mascarpone
- 50 g dark rum
- 70 g raisins*
Preparation Malaga ice cream
- Soak the raisins in the rum for at least 1 hour.
- Heat milk in a pot.
- Whisk the egg yolks with sugar in another saucepan until the mixture takes on a whitish color.
- Add the vanilla extract or scraped vanilla pulp and stir the milk into the egg cream.
- Heat the mass over medium heat and stir at 75°C for 10 minutes. Here you should control the temperature with a thermometer so that the mass is not too hot and the egg flocculates.
- Allow the egg cream to cool and refrigerate.
- Whisk the mascarpone into the ice cream mixture.
- Strain the raisins and add the rum to the ice cream mixture.
The ice cream machine prepare and pre-cool for a few minutes, depending on the model. Turn on the mixer and pour in the ice cream mixture (takes about 30 minutes). Finally, add the raisins.
Alternatively in Freezer according to instructions freeze and mix well every 30 minutes with a hand mixer (total time about 4 hours). When the mixture is almost ready, add the raisins.
The ice cream remains quite soft due to the egg yolk, even in the freezer at home. Before serving, you can still put it briefly for about 10 minutes in the refrigerator, so that the flavor develops better when eating.
Worth knowing and tips
- Malaga ice cream should be enjoyed with caution by children and pregnant women due to the proportion of rum or wine, which should not be underestimated. Alternatively, the Raisins also in apple juice be soaked. Do not add the apple juice to the ice cream mixture, as this would affect the taste too much.
- If you want to achieve the taste of rum without alcohol, you can Rum flavor be used diluted in water. However, I must admit that I have not yet tried this variant myself.
- If you want to put together a little ice cream cone, as shown in the picture, just make a Sponge cake and bakes this in Muffin tins. I have divided the dough and colored with food coloring. If you layer the whole thing, you can achieve funny effects.
Then I wish you good luck with this delicious ice cream. And if you have any comments, leave a comment below.
More delicious recipes with mascarpone are my Peach ice cream flash recipe and a wonderful Tiramisu ice cream. If you are interested in the Ice cream classic is, take a look at my recipes for Chocolate ice cream, Strawberry ice cream and Stracciatella an.