Fruit sauces are particularly good for Yoghurt ice cream but also to others Milk ice cream varieties like Cashew ice cream or Quark ice cream. For which classic strawberry sauce should never be missing is Spaghetti ice cream. For this you need only Vanilla Ice Cream, cream, a potato ricer and this great strawberry sauce.
Ingredients for strawberry sauce
- 200 g strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar (s. Tips to make yourself)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- If using frozen fruit, allow to thaw at room temperature for about 20 minutes. Wash and clean fresh fruit.
- Place the fruit in a blender with the remaining ingredients and blend until uniform. If the strawberries do not have much sweetness, add a little more sugar.
- If seeds are considered bothersome, strain the sauce through a sieve or Strainer* delete.
You can prepare this sauce with all kinds of fruits. If necessary, the sugar or lime juice must be varied a little. Examples are:
- Raspberries (a little less lime juice)
- Blueberries (a little more lime juice)
- Mango (lime juice depending on ripeness) - how to best process a fresh mango, I learned at the Mango sorbet described
- Pineapple (a little less lime juice)
- To Vanilla sugar to make yourselfYou simply need one scraped vanilla pod to about 200 g of sugar. Put them together in a container and store in a cool, dry place. Why you should rather use homemade vanilla sugar and how the industry leads us around by the nose, you can read in my article on the Difference of vanilla and vanillin read.
- Depending on the sweetness of the fruit, you can also get the Save added sugar completely.
- The Lime juice helps not only the taste, but also to keep the sauce handsome. Some fruit sauces otherwise turn brownish with time in the air.