Vegan caramel sauce from 4 ingredients
A recipe for a really tasty vegan caramel sauce that you can make with few ingredients in 10 minutes ...in the kitchen. This sauce goes well with various types of ice cream such as vegan frozen yoghurt ice cream.
Instead of the usual cream Coconut cream is used, which also Coconut cream is called (see Tips).
- 50 g sugar or cane sugar*
- 35 g water
- 30 g Coconut cream* (or coconut milk not shaken s. Tips)
- 1 pinch of salt
- optional: a pinch of vanilla powder or scraped out vanilla pod*
Preparation of the vegan caramel sauce
- Purchased coconut cream is usually a little more solid. First dissolve this with 20 g of water. Some coconut creams have ground coconut in them. If you don't want coconut flakes in your sauce, pass through a sieve after dissolving.
- Then bring the remaining water (15g), sugar and salt to the boil in a pot or pan without stirring. Everything should be wetted with water, otherwise shake the pot a little.
- Continue cooking without stirring until the sugar mass has become amber-coloured. Then remove from the heat quickly. Always be especially careful with hot sugar syrup and do not get anything on your skin!
- Quickly stir in part (approx. 1/3) of the dissolved coconut cream with a wooden spoon.
- Then stir in the rest of the coconut cream in portions.
- Heat up again while stirring until boiling.
- Let the finished caramel sauce cool down. If the sauce is not used up immediately, it is best to pour it into a container while still hot. At The sauce keeps for about 2 weeks in the refrigerator. It gets thicker with time. Then warm it up briefly before use. Either in a water bath or in the microwave.
- Coconut cream or coconut cream should not be confused with Coconut milk. However, you can also make coconut cream from a coconut milk pack. After a while the coconut milk Grease upstairs. Usually this is the case with most of the packs you can buy. You skim it off and you have very tasty coconut cream. However, it is easier to buy coconut cream right away.
- If you're looking for coconut cream from a Coconut milk carton remember that before you open it, you must make sure that you have DO NOT shake may!
- The pot or the frying pan best soak immediately with warm water and rinse. Once the caramel has set, it becomes more difficult to clean the pan.
If you Peanut and the coconut flavor should be less prominent, then I can also give you my vegan peanut caramel sauce recommend. This can also be modified to a salty caramel sauce (Salted Caramel).
The vegan caramel sauce goes very well with ice cream flavors such as. Vegan frozen yoghurt, Chocolate ice cream or Vanilla Ice CreamBut it also goes very well with pancakes, waffles or cakes. Should you be looking for more vegan ice cream recipes you will find on my blog.
Leave a Reply