Tiramisu ice cream is a wonderful Dessert for any menu. It can be very simply prepared and is always well received. The frozen version has the advantage that it is a change from the usual tiramisu and due to the low temperatures in the freezer the Salmonella risk reduced is.
I use for my recipe a Sponge cake base, which is ready in 15 minutes. It is one of my favorite recipes and I never buy sponge cake because this recipe is so easy, fast and delicious!
Of course you can also use purchased Sponge fingers use. The Sponge cake base has the advantage that it can also be used with deep temperatures still soft is and well for cutting out dessert glasses lets. You do not have to make layers with the ladyfingers and you could also try to mix them crumbled under the ice cream mass. If you have tested this, please report in the comments if it worked.
For the tiramisu ice cream you need for the Preparation about 40 minutes (including baking the sponge cake). The dessert should then be at least Freeze through for 3 hours.
Ingredients tiramisu ice cream
3 "normal" portions resp.
6 dessert glasses for a menu
Express sponge cake (alternatively: buy ladyfingers)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pck. vanilla sugar
- 4 tablespoons oil (e.g. sunflower oil)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder (spread)
- 40 ml espresso (approx. 1.5 cups)
- 1 tablespoon amaretto
Ice cream ingredients
- 1 egg
- 50 g sugar
- 1/4 vanilla pod
- 125 g mascarpone
- 1 tablespoon amaretto
- 1 pinch of salt
For dusting: cocoa powder
Preparation sponge cake
Preparation time: dough about 5 minutes, baking about 10 minutes.
- Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar with a hand mixer until foamy.
- Add the oil and mix again.
- Add flour mixed with baking powder through a sieve and mix again.
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Pour into a muffin tin or shallow baking dish. The dough will be about 1.5 times the height after baking. I filled with the dough 6 muffin tins about half full (for the dessert glasses) and the bottom of a small baking dish 8×8 cm (for decoration).
- Bake at 180 °C for approx. 10 minutes until the surface is golden. Bake a large casserole dish a little longer if necessary (about 15 minutes).
- Allow the base to cool.
- In the meantime, prepare the espresso and let it cool down as well. Once cooled, add the amaretto.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the sponge cake muffins in half horizontally. Cut if necessary so that the bottom fits into the mold you have chosen. From the sponge cake from the baking dish I cut out shapes for the decoration.
Preparation tiramisu ice cream
Preparation time: ice cream mass about 15 minutes
- Separate the egg (keep the egg white) and whisk the yolk over a bain-marie with 25 g sugar and the pulp of the vanilla pod for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly. A creamy mass is formed.
- Stir in the mascarpone and the amaretto.
- Remove the egg-mascarpone mixture from the water bath.
- Beat the egg whites with the salt until stiff, adding the remaining sugar (25 g).
- Fold the stiff egg whites into the mixture. To do this, work it in with a spoon from the bottom up so that as much air as possible is retained.
Assemble tiramisu ice cream
Time required: approx. 10 minutes
Freezing: at least 3 hours
- Place a layer of the cookie in the dessert glass and drizzle with the espresso-amaretto mixture. Use more or less, as desired.
- Add a layer of the ice cream mixture and smooth it out.
- Carefully press the next layer of sponge on top of the ice cream mixture and drizzle again with the Espresso-Amaretto mixture.
- Pour the second layer of ice cream mixture into the glass and smooth it out.
- Briefly dip the cut-out sponge cake mold into the espresso-amaretto mixture and place on top of the ice cream mixture.
- Place the jars in the freezer and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Let thaw in the refrigerator before serving (dessert glasses about 15 minutes, larger molds about 30 minutes) and sprinkle with cocoa.