Melon sorbet has a natural and pleasing sweetness and a ingenious tastebecause melons already bring the ideal combination of everything. With only few ingredients you can quickly make a delicious vegan Sorbet conjure.
To make the whole thing visual highlight to make, you can arrange the melon sorbet in the shell of the melon. An additional contrast is created by combining it with another ice cream such as. Pineapple ice cream or Frozen yoghurt.
Ingredients melon sorbet
- 1 melon (fruit flesh approx. 700 g), preferably yellow-fleshed like Cantaloupe or Charentais
- 60 g Maple syrup*
- 30 g lime juice (approx. 2 limes)
- 1 pinch of salt
optional for the filling: ingredients e.g. for Pineapple ice cream, Frozen yoghurt or vegan frozen yogurt
- The melon is first cut in half.
- Scrape out the core with a tablespoon and place in a sieve. Place a bowl underneath.
- Pass the core through the sieve until all the juice is collected in the bowl.
- Scrape out the flesh of the melon halves with a spoon and add them to the collected juice.
- Pre-cool the melon skins in the freezer.
- Thoroughly puree the fruit flesh, juice and all other ingredients (maple syrup, lime juice, salt) in a blender.
The ice cream machine prepare and pre-cool for a few minutes depending on the model. Switch on the stirrer and add the ice cream mass (duration approx. 30 minutes).
Alternatively in freezer compartment according to instructions Allow to freeze and mix well every 30 minutes with a hand mixer (total duration 3-4 hours).
- Pour the finished melon sorbet into the cooled melon halves.
- Form a hollow in the middle with a spoon.
- Put the melon halves back into the freezer.
- Optional: make the second ice cream mixture e.g. half of the recipe for Pineapple ice cream, Frozen yoghurt or Vegan frozen yoghurt and pour it into the hollow of the melon halves.
- Let the finished melons freeze through in the freezer for about 2 hours.
The melon halves with a sharp knife in four columns divide and serve.
If the melon halves longer in the freezer stored, then only for about 30 minutes in the defrost the refrigerator before you cut and eat them.
Tips for making melon sorbet
- A ripe reticulated melon is best recognized by its smell. So when you buy the fruit, keep it close to your nose. The more intense the sweet, fruity smell all the better. With the Knocking technique you're supposed to be able to tell if it's ripe. Full, deep sound means she's ripe. But I have to say that for me all melons sound the same and I can identify a ripe melon much better with the smell. The same works with pineapple, by the way
- Melons still ripen. So if you haven't got a really ripe melon, wait a few days and leave the uncut Ripen melon at room temperature. However, it can easily happen that they start to get mouldy on the stem. Then it must be disposed of.
- Melon sorbet can be presented in many different ways. It is good to present the columns on crushed ice to serve. Then they also stay cooled longer. For immediate consumption, you can also cut a column crosswise and decorate with white chocolate shavings.
If you have a recipe for Watermelon ice cream with buttermilk you will also find what you are looking for.
*With the affiliate links in this post you support my blog to cover the basic costs without any disadvantage for you. Thank you very much for that!