Melon sorbet has a natural and pleasant sweetness and a ingenious tastebecause melons already bring the ideal combination of everything. With only few ingredients you can quickly make a delicious vegan Sorbet conjure.
To make the whole thing visual highlight to make, you can arrange the melon sorbet in the shell of the melon. An additional contrast is created by combining it with another ice cream such as. Pineapple ice cream or Frozen yoghurt.
Ingredients melon sorbet
- 1 melon (fruit flesh approx. 700 g), preferably yellow-fleshed like Cantaloupe or Charentais
- 60 g Maple syrup*
- 30 g lime juice (approx. 2 limes)
- 1 pinch of salt
optional for the filling: ingredients e.g. for Pineapple ice cream, Frozen yoghurt or vegan frozen yogurt
- The melon is first cut in half.
- Scrape out the core with a tablespoon and place in a sieve. Place a bowl underneath.
- Push the core through the sieve until all the juice has been collected in the bowl.
- Scrape out the pulp of the melon halves with a spoon and add to the collected juice.
- Pre-chill the melon shells in the freezer.
- Thoroughly puree the pulp, juice and all other ingredients (maple syrup, lime juice, salt) in a blender.
The ice cream machine prepare and pre-cool for a few minutes, depending on the model. Switch on the mixer and pour in the ice cream mixture (duration approx. 30 minutes).
Alternatively in freezer compartment according to instructions freeze and mix well every 30 minutes with a hand mixer (total time 3-4 hours).
- Pour the finished melon sorbet into the chilled melon halves.
- Form a hollow in the center with a spoon.
- Return the melon halves to the freezer.
- Optional: make the second ice cream mixture e.g. half of the recipe for Pineapple ice cream, Frozen yoghurt or Vegan frozen yoghurt and pour into the hollow of the melon halves.
- Freeze the finished melons in the freezer for about 2 hours.
Cut the melon halves with a sharp knife in four columns divide and serve.
If the melon halves longer in the freezer then only be stored for approx. 30 minutes in the Refrigerator defrost before you cut and eat them.
Tips for making melon sorbet
- A ripe reticulated melon is best recognized by its smell. So when buying the fruit hold it near your nose. The more intense the sweet, fruity smell all the better. With the Knocking technique it is said that you can also tell if it is ripe. Full, deep sound means that it is ripe. I have to say, though, that all melons sound the same to me and I can identify a ripe melon much better with the smell. By the way, the same works with pineapple
- Melons still ripen. So if you haven't got a really ripe melon, wait a few days and leave the uncut Ripen melon at room temperature. However, it can easily happen that they start to get mouldy on the stem. Then it must be disposed of.
- You can present the melon sorbet in a variety of ways. It does well, the columns on crushed ice to serve. Then they also stay cooled longer. For immediate consumption, you can also cut a column crosswise and decorate with white chocolate shavings.
If you have a recipe for Watermelon ice cream with buttermilk you will also find what you are looking for.