Amaretto gives this ice cream a marzipan-like taste. This is due to the bitter almond oil it contains. By using the liqueur the parfait becomes even creamier.
The use of Amarettini rounds off the ice. Amarettini do not contain Amaretto, contrary to the very similar name. Due to the bitter almond oil, however, they also taste nutty and like marzipan.
Parfaits are always made in the freezer. The main ingredients are Egg yolk, sugar and cream.
The ice mass is frozen without stirring. The resulting fine crystalline structure is characteristic and so desired. The high proportion of eggs and cream ensures that the ice cream does not become too firm and only fine crystals are formed. The effect is further enhanced by the alcohol content of Amaretto.
If you don't have an ice cream machine at home, try making parfait. This ice cream is really easy to prepare and ready after 6 hours.
Ingredients for the Amaretto ice cream
for about 6 portions
- 3 eggs
- 75 g sugar
- 150 g milk
- 400 g cream
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons Amaretto
alternatively: bitter almond extract/oil (depending on the manufacturer usually 2-3 drops)
- 150 g Amarettini
A step-by-step guide with pictures for the preparation of parfait can be found in the article on the Parfait production find.
- Place the eggs, salt and sugar in a pot and mix well with a whisk
- Add the milk and slowly heat up to 65°C while stirring.
- Stir the mixture well with a whisk at 65°C for about 15 minutes.
- Switch off the cooker and stir in the Amaretto well.
- Let it cool down and in the meantime whip the cream until stiff.
- Using a hand mixer, whip the egg mixture into a cream, also at high speed.
- Fold the whipped cream into the egg cream.
- Crush the Amarettini. You can also leave a few to use for the bottom of the parfait (see photo).
- Fold the crumbled Amarettini into the mixture until you have about 3 tbsp. (for later decoration).
- Whip out a mould (I used a tumbler) with cling film.
- Pour the Amaretto ice cream mixture into the mould and let it freeze overnight or at least 6 hours.
Before consumption the parfait should be about 20 minutes in the refrigerator to get the right temperature.
Then the Form briefly in warm water and drop the amaretto ice cream on a plate. Remove the foil and decorate with the remaining Amarettini crumbs
Tips for your Amaretto ice cream
- Always one Form which can be used for unrestricted. Otherwise the falling won't work.
- Is it a larger or very rigid shapethe wall should first be covered with Edible oil and only then insert the foil. Then the parfait can be overturned more easily.
- Around the Amarettini to crumble, into a Plastic bag and with the rolling pin edit.
- The amount of Amarettinithat you can use for the Bottom of the mould can be easily determined by the following trick: pour the Amarettini into the mould before filling the ice cream mixture into the mould until the bottom is covered with a layer. This way you have exactly the right amount. Provided the bottom is similar in size to the opening of the mould.