Amaretto gives this ice cream a marzipan-like taste. This is due to the bitter almond oil contained. The use of the liqueur makes the parfait even creamier. But you can also make the amaretto parfait without alcohol with bitter almond flavoring.
The use of Amarettini rounds off the ice cream. Amarettini do not contain amaretto, contrary to the very similar name. However, due to the bitter almond oil, they also taste nutty and like marzipan.
Parfaits are basically made in the freezer. The main ingredients are Egg yolk, sugar and cream.
The ice mass is frozen without stirring. The resulting fine crystalline structure is characteristic and so desired. The high proportion of eggs and cream ensures that the ice cream is not too solid and only fine crystals are formed. The effect is further enhanced by the alcohol content of the amaretto.
If you no ice cream machine have at home, then try making parfait. This ice cream is really easy to prepare and ready after 6 hours.
Ingredients for the amaretto ice cream
for approx. 6 servings
- 3 eggs
- 75 g sugar or cane sugar*
- 150 g milk
- 400 g cream
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 TBSP. Amaretto*
alternatively: bitter almond extract/oil (usually 2-3 drops depending on the manufacturer)
- 150 g Amarettini*
Preparation amaretto ice cream
Step by step instructions with pictures for the preparation of parfait you can read in the article on the Parfait production find.
- Put the eggs, salt and sugar in a saucepan and mix well with a whisk
- Add the milk and heat slowly, stirring, until 65°C.
- Stir the mixture well with a whisk at 65°C for about 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the amaretto well.
- Let cool and in the meantime whip the cream until stiff.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the egg mixture, also on high speed, until creamy.
- Fold the whipped cream into the egg cream.
- Chop the amarettini. You can also leave some to use for the base of the parfait (see photo).
- Fold in all but about 3 tablespoons of the crumbled amarettini (for later decoration).
- A form (I have a Weck tumble glass* used) cover with cling film.
- Pour the amaretto ice cream mixture into the mold and freeze overnight or for at least 6 hours.
Before consumption the parfait should be about 20 minutes in the refrigerator to get the right temperature.
Then the Form briefly in warm water and turn the amaretto ice cream out onto a plate. Remove the foil and decorate with the remaining amarettini crumbs
Tips for your Amaretto Parfait
- Always one Form which can be used for unrestricted or has an inner edge. Otherwise, it won't work with the overturning. Therefore, I often use for parfaits Tumblers*.
- Is it a larger or very rigid shapethe wall should first be covered with Cooking oil brushed and only then insert the foil. Then the parfait can be more easily overturned.
- Around the Amarettini to crumble, into a Plastic bag and with the rolling pin edit.
- The amount of Amarettini, which you can use for the Bottom of the mould The amount of amarettini needed can be easily determined by the following trick: pour the amarettini into the mold before filling the ice cream mixture until the bottom is covered with a layer. This will give you just the right amount. Provided that the bottom is similar in size to the opening of the container.
If you love the marzipan flavor as much as I do, check out my Marzipan ice cream with chocolate chips an.