Parfait recipe: creamy ice cream without ice cream machine
If you don't have an ice cream maker at home and are into cream ice cream, then try the Parfait Preparation. It is really easy to prepare and after 6 hours you have your finished ice cream.
Parfait Recipes consist mainly of Egg yolk, sugar and cream. The proportion of cream is very high, resulting in a mousse-like consistency that is exceptionally tasty. Hence the name "Parfait" from the French for "perfect".
The ice mass is frozen without stirring. The resulting fine crystalline structure is characteristic and so desired. The high proportion of eggs and cream ensures that the ice cream does not become too firm and only forms fine crystals.
At the Modification of the Parfait Recipe with fruits, nuts, cookies, fruit sauces and spices, there are no limits to your imagination.
But first, let's talk about making the base and the process. I use a little milk to make the Parfait recipe a touch lighter and to better heat the egg-sugar mixture without it curdling.
Ingredients of the basic recipe for Parfait
for about 6 portions
- 3 egg yolks
- 75 g sugar
- 100 g milk
- 300 g cream
- Optional: vanilla, cocoa powder, amaretto or whatever else you can think of (see. Tips)
- Place the eggs and sugar in a pot and mix well with a whisk
- Add the milk and slowly heat up to a maximum of 65°C while stirring.
- Check the temperature with a thermometer and stir the mass at 65°C for about 15 minutes.
- If you want to flavour the mass, e.g. with vanilla, now is the right time (see also tips).
- Let it cool down and in the meantime whip the cream until stiff.
- Using a hand mixer, also whip the egg mixture into a cream.
- Fold the whipped cream into the egg cream.
- If fruits are in the Parfait should now fold them in carefully.
- Whip a baking tin or bowl with cling film.
- Pour the mixture into the mould and let it freeze overnight or for at least 6 hours.
Before consumption should be the Parfait approx. 20 minutes in the refrigerator to get the right temperature.
Then the Form briefly in warm water dive and the Parfait Turn out onto a plate. Remove the foil and decorate with toppings, sauces or fruit as desired.
- Is it a larger or very rigid shapethe wall should first be covered with Edible oil brushed and only then insert the film. Then the Parfait more easily be overthrown.
- To Flavouring of the Parfaits you need per recipe, for example, 1/2 vanilla bean, 1-2 tablespoons cocoa powder, 1-2 tablespoons amaretto or similar.
That looks sooo delicious!
Thank you very much for the great recipe and the good tips.
I find the step by step instructions with the many photos very helpful.
I'd love to, I'm glad. 🙂