In this recipe for tonka bean ice cream uses a special spice, which in recent years has gained more and more fans. Many are reminded of the taste of Tonka bean* of vanilla, but with other components such as caramel and almonds. So it goes well with Milk ice cream. Meanwhile, tonka beans can be found in every major supermarket in the spice section.
This recipe comes without ice cream machine out, because it is a Parfait. The main ingredients are Egg yolk, sugar and cream.
The ice mass is frozen without stirring. The resulting fine crystalline structure is characteristic and so desired. The high proportion of eggs and cream ensures that the ice cream is not too solid and only fine crystals are formed.
If you don't have an ice cream maker at home, try using the Parfait production. It's really easy to prepare and After 6 hours you have your finished ice cream.
Ingredients for the tonka bean ice cream
for approx. 6 servings
- 3 egg yolks
- 75 g sugar
- 100 g milk
- 300 g cream
- Abrasion Tonka bean* (s. Tips)
- 300 g berries (e.g. raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, currants)
Preparation tonka bean ice cream
Step by step instructions for the preparation you can read in the article on the Parfait production find.
- Put the eggs and sugar in a saucepan and mix well with a whisk
- Add the milk and heat slowly, stirring, to a maximum of 65°C.
- With the help of a Thermometer* check the temperature and stir the mixture well with a whisk at 65°C for about 15 minutes.
- The tonka bean with a sharp Kitchen grater* or nutmeg grater to it and mix.
- Let the egg mixture cool and in the meantime whip the cream until stiff.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the egg mixture, also on high speed, until creamy.
- Fold the whipped cream into the egg cream.
- Fold the fruit (e.g. raspberries and blueberries) into the mixture.
- Line a baking dish or bowl with plastic wrap.
- Pour the tonka bean ice cream mixture into the mold and freeze overnight or for at least 6 hours.
Before consumption the parfait should be about 20 minutes in the refrigerator to get the right temperature.
Then the Form briefly in warm water and turn out the tonka bean ice cream onto a plate. Remove the foil and decorate with toppings, sauces or fruit as desired.
- Since the tonka bean Coumarin contains, should not be used too much. But as long as one Normal dosage, it should not be a problem. I take for this recipe approx. 2-3 Millimeter of one bean. It is very difficult to give a general indication of quantity because, in addition to your own taste, it depends on how much of the ice cream is eaten and who is eating it. Please be especially careful with children.
- Is it a larger or very rigid shapethe wall should first be covered with Cooking oil brushed and only then insert the foil. Then the parfait can be more easily overturned.
- If one has fruits with cavity such as. RaspberriesIf the berries are frozen, they should be halved beforehand or crumbled in the case of frozen berries so that no air holes form in the parfait.
- As a topping for the parfait fits very well homemade nut brittle. I used chopped almonds.
If you Tonka beans like, then try also my Passion fruit ice creamwhich gets a very special flavor component from the tonka bean.