Stracciatella ice cream is one of the most popular and well-known types of ice cream. This recipe is a Further development of my classic Stracciatella ice cream recipe only in a vegan variation.
So, should you be vegan food prescribed by a doctor or on a Lactose intolerance suffer and you Not tasting soy milkThis is a good alternative for you. In terms of taste, it comes pretty close to the original and has only a subtle coconut flavor. What happens with vegan ice cream I have summarized for you in another article.
Stracciatella ice cream is classically a milk ice cream interspersed with pieces of chocolate. "Stracciare" is Italian and means "rip" or "tear."
Ingredients vegan stracciatella ice cream
- 400 g oat milk
- 50 g Coconut oil*
- 50 g Raw cane sugar*
- 20 g Dextrose*
- 2 tsp. vanilla sugar (homemade is best, s. Tips)
- 1/2 scraped vanilla pod* (without seeds, e.g. from Vanilla sugar batch)
- 1 Msp Guar gum*
- 1 pinch of salt
- 30 g dark chocolate* (vegan if desired)
Preparation vegan stracciatella ice cream
- Heat all ingredients except the chocolate together in a pot while stirring until just before boiling.
- Keep at this temperature for a few minutes. Stir constantly so that nothing burns.
- Allow the ice cream to cool a little and let it stand in the refrigerator for a few hours. If you don't have that much time, you can process it directly after it has cooled down.
The ice cream machine prepare and pre-cool for a few minutes depending on the model. Switch on the stirrer and add the ice cream mass (duration approx. 30 minutes).
Alternatively in Freezer according to instructions Allow to freeze and mix well every 30 minutes with a hand mixer (total duration approx. 4 hours).
Just before the ice mass is ready (about 15 minutes before), the Melt the chocolate and let it cool lukewarm. Then let it flow into the ice in a thin stream. In the case of an ice cream machine, just keep the stirrer running. With the freezer version, add the chocolate in layers and stir.
Vegan Stracciatella Ice Cream Tips
- There are the most diverse recipes for this type of ice cream. Originally, vanilla was not an ingredient. However, most people really like the light vanilla flavor in stracciatella ice cream. You can of course use the Try recipe also without vanilla and replace the vanilla sugar with the same amount of brown sugar.
- You can use the ice with various chocolate varieties combine . I personally like best in stracciatella ice cream Dark chocolate with 70% cocoa*. But you can just as well use milk chocolate or much more tart chocolate. Of course, the choice of the variety is also strongly dependent on whether the ice cream is vegan or lactose free is supposed to be.
- The chocolate should not too soon can be added. The ice cream will still taste delicious, but the ice cream will become brownish, as the chocolate partly combines with the cream. The Ice must so cold be that the added chocolate equally hard and will not bond with the ice mass.
- It is best not to use store-bought vanilla sugar. Why? I explain that to you in my contribution to Vanillin and vanilla. Make vanilla sugar yourself is quite simple. To do this, a scraped vanilla bean together with about 200 g of sugar in a glass infuse. Best several days before you use it.
I have many more vegan ice cream recipes on my blog. Feel free to have a look at them! I can especially recommend the Blueberry ice cream with coconut yogurt and that Basil ice cream without ice cream maker.
*With the affiliate links in this post you support my blog to cover the basic costs without any disadvantage for you. Thank you very much for that!