Peach ice cream from this recipe is really very simple and quick to make. You buy a Can of peaches, mascarpone cheese and a Lemon. The rest of the ingredients you have as "old hands" certainly already at home.
The mascarpone makes the ice cream nice and creamy and the peach provides a pleasant sweet-fruity ice-cream. This recipe comes ovuleless and for once I've got it in the freezer made, because I had no desire to fire up the ice cream maker. It gets creamier in the ice cream maker, but the freezer also gives very good results.
Two ice cream masses are made, which are layered at the end. Through the Stratification of the two ice masses creates a beautiful Marble effect. If this is too much effort for you, you can also process all ingredients in a single ice cream mass.
Ingredients peach ice cream
For 4 servings you need the following ingredients:
- 1 can of peaches (drained weight: 480 g, reserve 180 g liquid)
alternatively: 4 peaches, 90 g sugar, 90 g water (s. Tips)
- 125 g mascarpone
- 20 g dextrose (=grape sugar)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
Preparation peach ice cream
Preparation time: approx. 10 minutes
Freezing process without ice cream machine: 4 hours
(you can find detailed instructions in my post on the Production in the freezer)
Freezing process with ice cream machine: 60 minutes (with two ice masses)
- Place the canned peaches (approx. 480 g) and 180 g of the collected liquid in a blender.
- Also add the dextrose and lemon juice.
- Mix everything well until it is finely pureed.
- Place about half of the peach ice cream mixture in a container and place in the freezer.
- Mix the rest of the ice cream mixture with the mascarpone and the honey again.
- Place the mascarpone and peach ice cream mixture in a second container and place in the freezer.
- After 1 hour, mix both ice cream masses well with a hand mixer. Then mix every half hour for about half a minute. After about 3-4 hours, the two ice cream masses should be well frozen, but still relatively soft.
- Now either layer the two ice cream masses alternately and put them back in the freezer or layer them in glasses and put them in the freezer. Allow to freeze for at least 1 hour.
Alternatively, the two masses of ice cream can be Ice cream machine (duration approx. 30 minutes per ice cream mixture, i.e. 60 minutes in total). If you do not want to make two ice cream masses in a row in the ice cream machine, you can let the mascarpone ice cream mass freeze and let the peach ice cream mass flow in shortly before the end. Then there are no clearly separated layers, but it shortens the preparation significantly (about 35 minutes).
If the ice cream has been kept in the freezer for longer, for example overnight, it will become hard. Then let it thaw in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before eating.
Tips peach ice cream:
- If you fresh peaches If you want to use the peaches, you have to use very mature be and before peeled be. To do this, cut the skin of the peaches crosswise on the upper side and place in hot water for about 3 minutes. Then leave to cool in cold water. Now, starting from the incision, the skin can be removed with a knife. The draining water from the can can be replaced by 90 g sugar and 90 g water. Heat both together in a pot until everything has dissolved.
- Very good fit crumbled amarettini, caramelised nuts or white chocolate to the peach ice cream.
- For the Freezer tank method containers should be chosen in which you can easily beat the ice masses with the hand mixer. If areas such as corners are not well reached, larger ice crystals will settle there. This is not a bad thing, it just makes the ice cream a little less creamy overall. So best round containers choose.