Apple sorbet with celery may sound unusual at first. But I promise you it's a very especially refreshing ice is. Also, the apple sorbet comes with little sweetness and is also ideal as Intermediate course suitable for one menu.
Celery simply harmonises very well with apple and the sorbet has a very nice green coloringwhich underlines the freshness.
In this recipe, I have deliberately refrained from cooking the ice cream mass in order to achieve raw delicious variant and not to destroy the healthy ingredients in the ice cream before.
Celery is very much in vogue. Especially as a celery cure, where you drink freshly pressed celery juice every day. Because celery should be detoxifying effect have.
Ingredients Apple sorbet with celery
- 600 g green apples
- 400 g celery
- 200 g water
- 40 g Agave syrup*
- 20 g Dextrose (glucose)*
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 pinch of salt
- Wash apples and cut them into pieces. Since the apples are pureed, I leave everything on - even the core. But you can of course remove it as well.
- Wash, clean and cut the celery into pieces.
- Put apples, celery, lime juice and water into a mixer and puree finely.
- Pass through a sieve and collect the liquid.
- Now stir in the agave syrup, dextrose and salt thoroughly with a whisk until everything is dissolved.
The ice cream machine prepare and pre-cool for a few minutes depending on the model. Switch on the stirrer and add the ice cream mass (duration approx. 30 minutes).
Alternatively in freezer compartment Allow to freeze and mix well every 30 minutes with a hand mixer (total duration approx. 4 hours).
The ice cream tastes best fresh. After a day in the freezer it becomes very hard. So if you don't eat it immediately, let it thaw for about 40 minutes in the fridge before eating it.
Tips for apple sorbet
- When purchasing Celery you should make sure that this fresh looks and if possible young. Unfortunately, it is difficult to predict whether celery stalks are bitter or woody. Especially in the leaves, bitter substances can quickly accumulate. So if necessary, simply leave them out.
- The apple sorbet can also be served well with Raspberries, strawberries or cherries garnish or with Raspberry sorbet, Strawberry Sorbet or Cherry Ice Cream Combine.
- I season the apple-celery mass left after draining with vinegar, salt and pepper and eat it like Salad.
*With the affiliate links in this post you support my blog to cover the basic costs without any disadvantage for you. Thank you very much for that!