My favorite strawberry ice cream recipe all ovulelesswhich works with and without an ice cream machine.
Strawberry ice cream is one of the Favourite ice creams of the Germans and a Ice cream classic. As I think, quite rightly. The taste of ripe strawberries harmonizes very well with milk and has just the right balance between sweetness and acidity.
The recipe is particularly creamy with an ice cream maker. If you are still thinking about whether you want to buy a ice cream maker, my contribution can help you with a decision-making perhaps support.
This strawberry ice cream recipe has a little trickthat brings out the strawberry flavor even more. Let yourself be surprised and don't be put off by the special ingredient. 😉
Ingredients strawberry ice cream recipe
For 4 portions
- 250 g strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 100 g milk
- 100 g cream
- 60 g sugar or cane sugar*
- 40 g Dextrose (glucose)*
- 1 TBSP. Balsamic vinegar*
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 pinch of salt
Preparation of the ice cream mass
- Wash and clean fresh strawberries or thaw frozen strawberries.
- Heat milk and cream with sugar, dextrose and salt and bring to the boil briefly.
- Let the milk-cream mixture cool down.
- Then puree well in a blender together with the strawberries.
- When the ice cream mixture has cooled to room temperature, add the lime juice and balsamic vinegar and mix well.
The ice cream machine prepare and pre-cool for a few minutes depending on the model. Switch on the stirrer and add the ice cream mass (duration approx. 30 minutes).
Alternatively in freezer compartment (Step-by-step guide) freeze and mix well every 30 minutes with a hand mixer (total time about 4 hours).
If the strawberry ice cream has been in the freezer for more than a day, then let it thaw in the fridge for about 30 minutes before eating it.
Tips for strawberry ice cream
- For this recipe Balsamic vinegar is used. Like the lime juice, the acid underlines the Strawberry flavour and reinforces it. Watch out for a good balsamic vinegar* to use. And do not worry, the vinegar does not taste out.
- A nice variation is to add very little ice cream to the strawberry ice cream. spearmint finely chopped there.
- Strawberries should be buy locally or the berries in a strawberry field self-gather. Furthermore, with berries Organic quality very important because the whole fruit is eaten and the pesticides are particularly concentrated on the surface.
- If it is not the season, you can of course frozen strawberries use. These are also available in organic quality.
- Strawberries suffer from long transport times. One should therefore prefer strawberries from the local region.
- Strawberries are very pressure sensitive and easily perishable. After transport, it is best to store it loosely spread out in the vegetable compartment of the refrigerator and consume it within 2 days.
Who a Strawberry ice cream without milk ...can have a look at my Strawberry sorbet recipe try. Another vegan alternative is this Soy ice cream recipewhich works great with many different fruits. Should you be looking for more Ice cream classics be, I can show you my Recipe for chocolate ice cream with maximum chocolate flavor and my Favorite recipe for vanilla ice cream recommend.
*With the affiliate links in this post you support my blog to cover the basic costs without any disadvantage for you. Thank you very much for that!