My favorite strawberry ice cream recipe all ovulelesswhich works with and without an ice cream machine.
Strawberry ice cream is one of the Favourite ice creams of the Germans. As I think, quite rightly. The taste of ripe strawberries harmonizes very well with milk and has just the right balance between sweetness and acidity.
This strawberry ice cream recipe has a little trickthat brings out the strawberry flavor even more. Let yourself be surprised and don't be put off by the special ingredient. 😉
Ingredients strawberry ice cream recipe
For 4 portions
- 250 g strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 60 g sugar
- 40 g dextrose (glucose)
- 100 g milk
- 100 g cream
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 pinch of salt
Preparation of the ice cream mass
- Wash and clean fresh strawberries or thaw frozen strawberries.
- Heat milk and cream with sugar, dextrose and salt and bring to the boil briefly.
- Let the milk-cream mixture cool down.
- Then puree well in a blender together with the strawberries.
- When the ice cream mixture has cooled to room temperature, add the lime juice and balsamic vinegar and mix well.
The Ice cream machine prepare and pre-cool for a few minutes depending on the model. Switch on the stirrer and add the ice cream mass (duration approx. 30 minutes).
Alternatively in freezer compartment Allow to freeze and mix well every 30 minutes with a hand mixer (total duration approx. 4 hours).
If the strawberry ice cream has been in the freezer for more than a day, then let it thaw in the fridge for about 30 minutes before eating it.
Tips for strawberry ice cream
- For this recipe Balsamic vinegar is used. Like the lime juice, the acid underlines the Strawberry flavour and amplifies it. Make sure to use a good balsamic vinegar. And don't worry, the vinegar doesn't taste great.
- A nice variation is to add very little ice cream to the strawberry ice cream. spearmint finely chopped there.
- Strawberries should be buy locally or the berries in a strawberry field self-gather. Furthermore, with berries Organic quality very important because the whole fruit is eaten and the pesticides are particularly concentrated on the surface.
- If it is not the season, you can of course frozen strawberries use. These are also available in organic quality.
- Strawberries suffer from long transport times. One should therefore prefer strawberries from the local region.
- Strawberries are very pressure sensitive and easily perishable. After transport, it is best to store it loosely spread out in the vegetable compartment of the refrigerator and consume it within 2 days.