This ice cream is quite simple as yoghurt is an almost optimal ice cream base due to its composition. Furthermore it is very rapidly and can also be prepared without any problems in Freezer compartment can be produced.
Greek yoghurt has once again significantly more consistency and fat (approx. 10%) than conventional yoghurt with about 3%. This is due to the fact that it contains a lot of drip off longer may. This means that it contains less water or whey, but more of all other ingredients. The ice cream is thereby once again clear creamier.
But don't worry about the higher fat and calorie content. Greek yoghurt ice cream saturates also significantly better than other types of ice cream. Which means you eat less of it.
Ingredients for frozen yoghurt
- 400 g yoghurt (10% fat content)
- 30 g sugar
- 30 g dextrose (=dextrose)
- 30 g honey (see Tips)
- 1 pinch of salt
Preparation in only 2 quick steps
It couldn't be simpler: mix all ingredients together with a hand mixer or hand blender on a high setting for a few minutes.
Put the mass in the Ice cream machine and allow to set (duration approx. 20 minutes).
Alternatively in Freezer compartment Mix vigorously every 30 minutes with a hand mixer. This takes about 2-3 hours depending on the quantity. Before the last mixing, you can also put the almost ready frozen ice cream into small moulds and let it set (see Tips).
- The ice cream should best be completely plastered the same day or always be made fresh, because it will in the freezer very hard over time. If you have kept the ice cream in the freezer for a longer period of time, then for about Defrost in the refrigerator for 30 minutes and stir or mix well once again.
- The honey can be used to add different flavours to frozen yoghurt. I prefer a light, bright honey like Acacia honey. If you like it a little more intense, then you can also very well Forest honey use.
- I was in a Muffin tin Frozen yoghurt from Greek yoghurt piled with fruit and frozen. Then you can prepare the plates for serving and quickly arrange the individual ice cream cakes.
Toppings for frozen yoghurt
Here are some inspirations on how to decorate your frozen yoghurt from Greek yoghurt:
- Fresh seasonal fruit (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, currants, mango, pineapple, kiwi, bananas, etc.)
- Fruit sauces (can also simply be made yourself: Puree fruits with a little icing sugar or caster sugar, if necessary add a dash of lime juice). A recipe for a quick Strawberry sauce you'll find at my place as well.
- Chocolate sauce
- Caramel sauce
- Nuts: flaked or chopped almonds, chopped hazelnuts or walnuts
- Coconut flakes or flakes
- Gummy bears
- Chocolate sprinkles (white, dark or whole milk)
- Coloured crumbles
...and much more