A simple cherry ice cream recipe when it times especially fast to go. You only need Glass of sour cherries and you're ready to go. The rest of the ingredients you certainly have at home.
Anyone who wants to add a cherry ice cream special flavor and wants to make an impression on his guests, gives Chili with it. But do not worry, the sharpness is still pleasant even for sensitive people like me.
For kids you can use the Chili also simply omit and the ice cream very good in Handle ice forms (Popsicle shapes)* fill. So a All-round recipe for all occasions.
Ingredients cherry ice cream
- 350 g Sour cherries* (pitted, from the jar, drained weight)
- 300 g collected water (from drained cherries)
- 90 g sugar or cane sugar*
- 1 small red chilli (optional)
- 1 pinch of salt
- Drain the cherries in a sieve and collect the cherry brandy in a pot.
- Optional: Cut chili in half lengthwise once, remove seeds and cut into rings.
- Add the sugar and chili (optional) to the kirsch in the pot and bring to a bubbling boil for 2 minutes.
- In a blender or with a hand blender, blend the cherries well with the chili cherry syrup that has been separated. The chilies should not be mixed with, unless you like it particularly spicy.
The ice cream machine prepare and pre-cool for a few minutes, depending on the model. Switch on the mixer and pour in the ice cream mixture (duration approx. 30 minutes).
Alternatively in Freezer freeze and mix well every 30 minutes with a hand mixer (total time 3-4 hours).
If the cherry ice cream longer in the freezer was stored, only for about 20 minutes in the Refrigerator defrost before you eat it.
Tips for making cherry ice cream
- Very well the cherry ice cream with chocolate combine. And that in all possible variations. Be it with Chocolate shavings in or on the ice or in combination with Chocolate ice cream. Do you want crunchy chocolate chips, then the Chocolate (70%)* Melt about 20 minutes before the end of freezing and cool to lukewarm. Just before completion, drip into the running ice cream machine. When making in the freezer, layer the liquid chocolate with the finished ice cream.
- Should you really Chili fans then you can use the Chili of course also together with the cherries mix. Personally, that would be much too spicy. But there are different tastes.
- If you want to make the cherry ice cream differently spicy for different foodies, you can use the cooked out Chili's in a pan until the water has evaporated and they lightly caramelised are and reach to the ice for individual sharpening.
- I have for the decoration from a beautiful white paper (eg chocolates inner packaging are good here) small boxes folded (one bottom and one top per serving) and filled them with the ice cream. After this Instructions the boxes are really easy to fold.