Banana ice cream is one of the 10 most popular ice cream varieties. This is probably due to its harmonious taste and creamy consistency. A really simple recipe to make banana ice cream yourself can be found here.
If you are interested in a simpler variant made from frozen bananas without an ice-cream machine, you should try the recipe for Nicecream look at.
Banana ice cream ingredients
- 200 g bananas
- 150 g milk
- 120 g cream
- 60 g sugar
- 40 g dextrose
- 1 pinch of salt
- Lemon juice (1-2 teaspoons)
- bring milk, cream, sugar, dextrose and salt to the boil while stirring
- Let the mixture cool down
- Peel the bananas and puree them with 1 teaspoon lemon juice in a mixer
- Stir the banana puree into the ice cream mixture. Depending on the ripeness of the bananas you can add a little more lemon juice.
- The Ice cream machine prepare and pre-cool for a few minutes depending on the model. Switch on the stirrer and add the ice cream mass (duration approx. 30 minutes).
- Alternatively in freezer compartment Allow to freeze and mix well every 30 minutes with a hand mixer (total duration approx. 4 hours).
Tips for making banana ice cream
- The bananas should be as ripe as possible so that the taste is more intense. Ripe bananas can be recognized by the beautiful golden yellow colour of the skin and some brown spots.
- When peeling the bananas, make sure to cut the ends off generously and remove any fibres from the peel before mixing.
- For adults, a sip of port wine can be added to the ice cream at the end. This adds another special touch.
- The banana ice cream can also be mixed with chocolate chips at the end of the finish. This means just before the ice cream machine sets. With the variant in the freezer, only add the chocolate pieces after the last mixing process.
- Alternatively, chocolate can be grated over it when serving. Cinnamon also works very well with banana ice cream.