Banana ice cream is one of the 10 most popular ice cream and is one of the Ice cream classic. This is probably due to the harmonious taste and creamy consistency.
Here I show you a really simple recipe to make banana ice cream itself. It is a Milk ice creamthat Without the addition of egg gets along, and both with as well as without ice cream machine can be produced.
Who is interested in a Easier variant from frozen bananas without an ice cream maker, should take a look at the recipe for the Nicecream look at.
Banana ice cream ingredients
- 200 g bananas
- 150 g milk
- 120 g cream
- 60 g sugar or cane sugar*
- 40 g Dextrose (glucose)*
- 1 pinch of salt
- Lemon juice (1-2 teaspoons)
Preparation banana ice cream
- Bring milk, cream, sugar, dextrose and salt to a boil together while stirring.
- Allow the milk-cream mixture to cool to lukewarm.
- Peel the bananas. The ends should be cut off generously and any fibers from the peel should be removed. (s. Tips)
- Puree the bananas with 1 tsp lemon juice in a blender. This prevents the banana from turning brown.
- Stir the banana puree into the milk-cream mixture. Depending on the ripeness of the bananas, you can add a little more lemon juice.
The ice cream machine prepare and pre-cool for a few minutes depending on the model. Switch on the stirrer and add the ice cream mass (duration approx. 30 minutes).
Alternatively in Freezer Allow to freeze and mix well every 30 minutes with a hand mixer (total duration approx. 4 hours).
- The bananas should be as mature as possible be so that the taste is more intense. Ripe bananas can be recognized by the beautiful golden yellow coloring the shell and some brown dots.
- Who a very fine banana ice cream wants to have, should be with a knife the Top layer of the peeled bananas scrape off. This is a little more fibrous and has less flavor.
- For adults, the ice cream mass at the end can also be a sip of port or rum can be added. This again gives a special touch.
- The banana ice cream can also be made with Chocolate chips be shifted at the end of the completion. That is, shortly before the ice cream becomes solid in the ice cream maker. For the freezer version, add the chocolate chips only after the last mixing process. More beautiful chocolate chips result if you add the Chocolate melts before and let cool to lukewarm. Then pour in just before the end with the machine running or layer with the finished ice cream in the freezer during production.
- Banana ice cream is also very tasty with a homemade chocolate sauce, Caramel sauce or Peanut Caramel Sauce. All Sauces are easy to make yourself from just a few ingredients and in under 10 minutes.
- Alternatively, when serving chocolate grated over it or Cinnamon powder* can be sprinkled on top.
*With the affiliate links in this post you support my blog to cover the basic costs without any disadvantage for you. Thank you very much for that!