A harmonious milk cream ice cream that can be combined with a wide variety of fruits, fruit purees, nuts or with chocolate. Often known as Fior di Latte (milk flower).
It can be used very well as a base for the popular Spaghetti ice cream together with a homemade Strawberry sauce be used or as an alternative to the Vanilla Ice Cream at Prince Pückler ice cream sandwich.
ingredients Milk cream ice cream
Ingredients for 4 people
- 360 g milk
- 150 g double cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 100 g sugar
- 1,5 TBSP. Skimmed milk powder*
Preparation milk cream ice cream
- Combine milk and double cream in a saucepan and heat until just beginning to boil.
- In a separate heatproof bowl, whisk together egg yolks, sugar, and skim milk powder.
- Add milk mixture to egg mixture while stirring.
- Rinse the pot briefly and return the mixture to the pot.
- Heat for approx. 10 minutes at approx. 75°C while stirring regularly. For this purpose it is best to use a Thermometer* use, as the egg will curdle if it gets too hot.
- Allow the ice cream mixture to cool and infuse in the refrigerator.
The ice cream machine prepare and pre-cool for a few minutes depending on the model. Switch on the stirrer and add the ice cream mass (duration approx. 30 minutes).
Alternatively in freezer compartment (Step-by-step guide) freeze and mix well every 30 minutes with a hand mixer (total time about 4 hours).
- Always use fresh eggs. Heating for 10 minutes to at least 70°C is to prevent possible Salmonella kill
- For Spaghetti ice cream you can use a potato ricer for other purposes. For this purpose a Metal press* and use them beforehand in the Freezer let it get cold. However, depending on the use, the spaghetti will be a little thicker than usual. The layering starts with cream on top comes the vanilla ice cream and finally the homemade strawberry sauce.
- With the excess egg whites I like very much to make Amarettini or Cheese clouds.
- If you want to add a special flavor to your milk cream ice cream, you can add a little amaretto or hazelnut liqueur.
Other Ice cream classic and Milk ice cream varieties like intense chocolate ice cream, Stracciatella ice cream with crunchy chocolate pieces or creamy strawberry ice cream can also be found on my blog.
*With the affiliate links in this post you support my blog to cover the basic costs without any disadvantage for you. Thank you very much for that!