For me, ice cream confectionery is connected with my childhood memories of cinema. No film without having bought ice cream confectionery first. For me it simply belonged to the cinema experience with this. So I am all the more pleased that I can now make my own ice cream confectionery whenever I feel like it.
I wanted to try something new and make a recipe with vegan ice cream create. I'm not vegan myself. But I'm realising more and more that I'm just not very good with cow's milk. Thank God it's not so bad that I would have to give it up completely, but still enough to look for alternatives.
In recent years there have been more and more Yoghurts also from vegetable milk. If you don't want to start your own yoghurt production, you can usually find it in the larger supermarkets or in any organic market.
Coconut yoghurt ice cream coated with dark chocolate is simply incredibly delicious. So give it a try for yourself.
Ingredients coconut yoghurt ice cream confection
For 4 portions
- 400 g coconut yoghurt
- 60 g sugar syrup (30 g sugar and 30 g water boiled up)
- 40 g agave syrup
- 1 splash Vanilla extract
alternatively: 1 Msp scraped vanilla
- 1,5 tsp lime juice
- 1 pinch of salt
- 100 g 80%ige chocolate
- 30 g coconut oil
- grated coconut for sprinkling (approx. 50 g)
Preparation of the ice cream mass
- If you don't have any sugar syrup in stock, just boil sugar and water in a pot until everything is dissolved and let it cool down. Alternatively you can also use bar syrup or coconut syrup.
- Mix coconut yoghurt, sugar syrup, agave syrup, vanilla extract, lime juice and salt well.
The Ice cream machine prepare and pre-cool for a few minutes depending on the model. Switch on the stirrer and add the ice cream mass (duration approx. 30 minutes).
Alternatively in freezer compartment Allow to freeze and mix well every 30 minutes with a hand mixer (total duration approx. 4 hours).
Production of the ice confection
- Put the finished frozen ice cream mixture into moulds. Ideas what you can use here, you will find further below. As an alternative, knock out a mould (approx. 16 x 20 cm) with foil and smooth the ice cream mixture in it.
- Let it freeze in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Break the chocolate and melt it with the coconut oil over a water bath. Let it cool down a little bit until the chocolate is only lukewarm.
- Squeeze the ice cream morsels out of the moulds or turn the coconut ice cream out of the large mould and cut it into 4 x 4 cm squares.
- Using a fork, roll each ice-cream bite individually in the chocolate, place on a baking parchment or plate and sprinkle with grated coconut. Work quickly and put back into the freezer in portions.
Before consumption, let the ice cream confectionery thaw in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
The ice cream confectionery reminds, as one might expect, of Bounty Ice Cream. Only with very much less sugar and significantly healthier than the commercial version.
Tips for ice cream confectionery
- As Forms You can use many different things for your ice cream confection: silicone baking cups, chocolate molds, or little paper cups. You can also easily use the packaging of various sweet things. Then these have also found a second use.
- Since coconut yoghurt may contain added sugar, you must be careful to reduce the amount of sugar. I have a Yoghurt without added sugar is used which has an own sugar content of 1g/100g.