Vampire Fangs: a Halloween recipe with vanilla ice cream
For Halloween there are lots of funny recipes that look scary. Here I would like to present you a very simple and quick dessert with a couple of Biscuits, marshmallows and vanilla ice cream can be made and looks like vampire fangs. A nice ending for every Halloween menu.
Either you do your Vanilla ice cream according to my recipe yourself or you buy vanilla ice cream in the supermarket. If you have a reduced sugar variant for vanilla ice cream then I have now also developed a great recipe for it. How you recognize good vanilla ice cream, you can read in my Articles about vanilla read up.
For all variants it is recommended to use the Vanilla ice cream in the freezer first a little firmer (preferably overnight) so that the ice cream does not melt on the cookie. If you want you can add the food colouring before the freezing process.
Ingredients for vampire fangs
For 6 vampire bites for 2-3 people you need the following ingredients:
- 12 round cookies of your choice (eg. Dark Chocolate Cookies*)
- 500 g Vanilla Ice Cream (homemade or bought)
- red food colouring*
- Mini marshmallows*
- optional: red sugar writing*
Assembling the Halloween dessert
The assembly of the vampire fangs is very fast. Be sure to keep everything well chilled. It's also best to pre-cool the cookies in the fridge or freezer.
- The self-produced or purchased Vanilla Ice Cream mix with red food colouring until a pink colour is obtained
- Put a big blob of pink vanilla ice cream on each half of the biscuits and put them in the freezer.
- Use 6 marshmallows per set. Two of the marshmallows are cut into triangles. For some of the vampire teeth, I tried cutting the marshmallows in half lengthwise. Either variation works well. The more ice cream you put on the cookie, the sooner you should cut the marshmallows in half.
- Take the biscuits with the pink vanilla ice cream out of the freezer one by one.
- Put the vampire fangs on. You should always put two whole teeth between two tips (see picture above). Fill the rest with more whole marshmallows.
- Place another cookie on top and press down lightly.
- If necessary, press the teeth back into the ice cream mass again slightly.
- Allow the dentures to set in the freezer.
If the dessert was in the freezer overnight, let it thaw in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes before serving.
If you want, you can imitate drops of blood on the pointed teeth with red sugar decorations (see picture below).
Other Halloween desserts I can recommend to you are. spooky vanilla ice cream eyeballs and cute black spiders with chocolate legs.
*With the affiliate links in this post you support my blog without any disadvantage. Thank you very much for that!
Leave a Reply