Raspberries are actually cooked no real berries, but of course that doesn't detract from the flavor of this fruity, vegan raspberry sorbet.
There are also yellow and black cultivars, which just like the red berries for Sorbet can be used. This certainly also gives a funny effect with this ice cream. Alternatively, you can also resort to frozen fruit, if just no season is.
Raspberry sorbet ingredients
- 125 g raspberries
- 110 g water
- 25 g lemon juice (approx. 1/2 lemon)
- 30 g sugar
- 12 g Dextrose*
- 1 pinch of salt
Preparation raspberry sorbet
- Place all ingredients except the raspberries in a pot and heat gently until everything is dissolved. Let the syrup cool down.
- Carefully wash fresh raspberries.
- Put the raspberries and syrup together in a blender and puree.
- Cool in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes and then freeze in the machine or in the freezer.
Freezing process: the mass in the ice cream machine or alternatively in the Freezer according to instructions Mix well every 30 minutes with a hand mixer (approx. 4 hours).
With the latter variant, the ice cream can be briefly put into the blender again before serving. Here, you should only work at low speed so that the ice cream does not melt too much.
If the ice cream has been in the freezer longer, becomes hard. Then before serving in the refrigerator for 20 minutes thawed.
Things to know about raspberries
- Depending on the variety, raspberries have several times a year Season. There are summer raspberries From June, Autumn raspberries From August and then varieties that ripen twice at the above times.
- The berries if possible buy fresh or in a plantation self-gather. Alternatively you can also frozen raspberries which are already available in organic quality.
- Raspberries do not ripen. Therefore, when buying or picking on very ripe fruits respect.
- Ripe berries can be recognized by the intensive coloration. If you pick them yourself, they should come off the bush easily.
- The fresh raspberries if possible chill. Place the berries in the bottom shelf on the glass plate. There it is coolest in the refrigerator.
If you like raspberries, I can still recommend the following recipes: a creamy Raspberry ice cream with milk or in combination with Vanilla Ice Cream and Chocolate ice cream as Prince Pückler ice cream sandwich. You will also find many more Sorbet recipes on my blog.
*With the affiliate links in this post you support my blog to cover the basic costs without any disadvantage for you. Thank you very much for that!