Raspberries are actually cooked no real berries, but of course that doesn't detract from the flavor of this fruity, vegan raspberry sorbet.
There are also yellow and black cultivars, which, like the red berries for Sorbet can be used. This certainly also gives a funny effect with this ice cream. Alternatively, you can also resort to frozen fruit, if just no season is.
Raspberry sorbet ingredients
- 125 g raspberries
- 110 g water
- 25 g lemon juice (approx. 1/2 lemon)
- 30 g sugar
- 12 g Dextrose*
- 1 pinch of salt
Preparation raspberry sorbet
- Put all the ingredients except the raspberries in a saucepan and heat gently until everything is dissolved. Allow the syrup to cool.
- Carefully wash fresh raspberries.
- Put raspberries and syrup together in a blender and puree.
- Chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes and then freeze in the machine or freezer.
Freezing process: the mass in the ice cream machine or alternatively in the Freezer according to instructions mix well with a hand mixer every 30 minutes (about 4 hours).
With the latter variant, the ice cream can be briefly put into the blender again before serving. Here, you should only work at low speed so that the ice cream does not melt too much.
If the ice cream has been in the freezer longer, becomes hard. Then before serving for 20 minutes in the refrigerator thawed.
Things to know about raspberries
- Depending on the variety, raspberries have several times a year Season. There are summer raspberries From June, Autumn raspberries From August and then varieties that ripen twice at the above times.
- The berries as possible buy fresh or in a plantation pick yourself. Alternatively you can also frozen raspberries which are also already available for purchase in organic quality.
- Raspberries do not ripen. Therefore, when buying or picking on very ripe fruits respect.
- Ripe berries can be recognized by the intense coloring. If you pick them yourself, they should come off the bush easily.
- The fresh raspberries as possible Cool quickly. To do this, place the berries in the lowest compartment on the glass plate. There it is coolest in the refrigerator.
If you like raspberries, I can still recommend the following recipes: a creamy Raspberry ice cream with milk or in combination with Vanilla Ice Cream and Chocolate ice cream as Prince Pückler ice cream sandwich. You will also find many more Sorbet recipes on my blog.