Hazelnut ice cream belongs to the Ice cream classics and is a very popular ice cream. Here I show you a recipe for a creamy hazelnut ice cream with the full hazelnut flavor.
Through the use of Hazelnut puree you get a very fine ice cream. With the home blender, you usually do not get such a fine grind of whole nuts.
When you look at high quality hazelnuts respectively Hazelnut puree the ice cream is not quite cheap. But it is definitely worth not to save on quality.
The present Recipe will With egg manufactured. This is unproblematic as long as you only fresh eggs used and remind you of the Instructions holds.
Ingredients hazelnut ice cream
- 250 g milk
- 100 g mascarpone
- 2 fresh eggs (s. Tips)
- 60 g (Cane) sugar*
- 60 g Hazelnut puree*
- 1 pinch of salt
- 25 g Dark chocolate*
- 15 g chopped Hazelnuts*
optional: 1 tablespoon hazelnut liqueur, e.g. Frangelico*
Preparation hazelnut ice cream
Preparation: about 20 minutes
Freezing time: approx. 30 minutes (ice cream maker), 4 hours (freezer)
- Separate one of the eggs into yolks and whites.
- Beat the egg yolk and the other egg with about half of the sugar in a heatproof bowl until foamy.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan until just before boiling.
- Stir the hot milk into the egg mixture.
- Rinse the saucepan and pour all the milk-sugar mixture into the saucepan.
- Heat while stirring constantly until the ice cream mass reaches 75 °C. Mix with a Thermometer* Check the temperature.
- Continue stirring and hold the temperature for 10 minutes.
- Allow the ice cream mixture to cool slightly.
- Stir in the hazelnut puree and the salt.
- Finally, stir in the mascarpone and let the ice cream mixture cool in the refrigerator.
- Optional: stir in hazelnut liqueur.
The ice cream machine prepare and pre-cool for a few minutes, depending on the model. Switch on the mixer and pour in the hazelnut ice cream mixture (duration approx. 30 minutes).
Alternative Make ice cream in the freezer and mix well every 30 minutes with a hand mixer (total time about 4 hours). Please note that the ice cream becomes much harder when made this way.
About 15 minutes before the end the Melt chocolate and cool to lukewarm. Either drip as a stream into the running ice cream maker or decorate the finished ice cream in the container with chocolate and chopped hazelnuts. If you wish, you can roast the hazelnuts in a pan without oil beforehand.
If the ice cream is to be kept in the freezer for a longer period of time, let it soften in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes before eating.
- It is better for stockpiling and quality control, whole hazelnuts* to buy. But if you want to make it easier for yourselves, you can chopped hazelnuts* buy. The best hazelnuts* are said to come from the Piedmont.
- At Hazelnut puree it is also recommended to pay attention to quality. It should be 100% of hazelnuts such as the one from Rapunzel*. Also here there is the more expensive variant from Piedmont*. Whether the price is worth it, everyone must decide for themselves. If the Oil On top of the mush deposed simply stir until it is a uniform mass again.
- To Weighing Especially in the case of pastes, it is advisable to apply the corresponding ingredient to the Scale*, press the tare button and remove the ice cream spoon by spoon until the desired quantity is reached. This prevents you from suddenly having too much of an ingredient in your ice cream mixture. I do this procedure with all ingredients, but especially with viscous liquids such as mush or honey.
- Do you want to get a Ice cream sandwich from the hazelnut ice cream, just buy wafer sheets like the ones from Dovgan* (also available at Rewe) and orientate yourself on the Procedure from the Prince Pückler ice cream. In short: after preparing the ice cream, put it in a square mold lined with foil. Allow to freeze through, cut the wafer sheets and place slices of the ice cream mixture between two wafer sheets. Allow to freeze thoroughly again. If you like, you can dip the ice cream sandwich in chocolate and chopped hazelnuts.
- For protein I usually make either Cheese clouds or Amarettini.
Should you have a taste for Recipes with egg have found, I can offer you my creamy Malaga ice cream or Pine nut cream ice cream recommend. Also Parfaits are often with egg and are frozen directly in the freezer without an ice cream maker.
*With the affiliate links in this post you support my blog without any disadvantage. Thank you very much for that!