Golden milk is considered Superdrink and is especially Ayurvedic cuisine known. It should serve the health and relaxation.
The beautiful yellow color comes through Turmeric will come about. Also Cinnamon, vanilla and ginger must not be missing in this recipe, of course. This ice cream is for all those who like it spicy. Nevertheless, it is a sweet ice cream.
Besides, I've got Coconut milk and coconut yogurt used to further support the health-promoting effect and to provide a vegan ice cream recipe to develop.
Ingredients Golden Milk Ice Cream
For 4 servings you need the following ingredients:
- 300 g coconut milk
- pulp of 1/2 vanilla pod
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch chili
- 1 Msp cardamom
- 2 cm of a ginger bulb
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 60 g maple syrup
- 30 g dextrose
- 30 g glucose
- 30 g inulin
- 1 pinch of salt
- 300 g coconut yoghurt
- 2 tsp lime juice
Preparation Golden Milk Ice Cream
Preparation time: approx. 10 minutes
Freezing process without ice cream machine: 4 hours
(you can find detailed instructions in my post on the Production in the freezer)
Freezing process with ice cream machine: 30 minutes
- If you have not bought organic ginger, remove the peel. Otherwise, it's best to leave it on and just rinse well. Cut the ginger into slices.
- Heat the coconut milk with all the spices (vanilla pulp, chilli, cardamom, ginger, turmeric) while stirring and simmer for a while.
- Then let cool for a few minutes and stir in the maple syrup, dextrose, glucose, inulin and salt until everything is dissolved.
- When the ice cream mixture is just lukewarm, stir in the coconut yogurt and lime juice.
- The ice cream mixture is best left to infuse overnight in the fridge so that the flavour develops well.
- Before you freeze the ice cream mass or put it into the ice cream maker, strain out the ginger slices through a sieve.
The Ice cream machine prepare and pre-cool for a few minutes depending on the model. Switch on the stirrer and add the ice cream mass (duration approx. 30 minutes).
Alternatively in freezer compartment Allow to freeze and mix well every 30 minutes with a hand mixer (total duration approx. 4 hours).
If the ice cream has been kept in the freezer for longer, for example overnight, it will become hard. Then let it thaw in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before eating.
Tips Golden Milk Ice Cream:
- Turmeric contains curcurmin. This can cause problems if consumed in excess. However, no man can eat the amount of ice necessary for this in reality.
- With coconut milk, you should always pay attention to the coconut content. There are some products where the water content is very high. I always take coconut milk, which is at least 80% Coconut contains. It should also not contain stabilizers or emulsifiers. You can find a helpful test at Paleo360.
- If you like it a little spicier, you can use Chili flakes over the ice cream. This also creates a nice color contrast.