An Chocolate nougat ice cream with crunchy hazelnuts not only sounds tempting, it is also mega delicious. Maybe you know this ice cream also under the name Bacio ice cream or Gelato al Bacio. It is one of the Ice cream classic, which you can find in almost every ice cream parlor.
Especially Italy enthusiasts are likely to Baci be a household name. This Italian chocolate is very well known. It is a chocolate praline with a whole hazelnut and nougat cream as the core. Remotely they remind of Ferrero kisses and in fact "Baci" also means "Kisses". So if you can't find one in the supermarket or online Baci* can also find without much problems Ferrero kisses use as a substitute.
I brought you a recipe ovuleless created. Who does not ice cream machine owns, the Make ice cream also in the freezer. But I would recommend you use an ice cream maker to make the Creaminess to increase. If you're still wavering over whether or not you should buy an ice cream machinecheck out my article on it.
Ingredients Bacio ice cream
- 400 g milk
- 100 g cream
- 45 g Glucose*
- 20 g Skimmed milk powder*
- 15 g cane sugar*
- 15 g Dextrose (glucose)*
- 5 g Cocoa powder
- 1,5 g Locust bean gum*
- 1 pinch of salt
- 25 g nougat
- 20 g Hazelnut puree*
- 45 g chopped hazelnut pralines (e.g. Baci* or Ferrero kisses)
Preparation Bacio ice cream
- Heat milk, cream, glucose, skimmed milk powder, cane sugar, dextrose, cocoa powder, locust bean gum and salt together in a saucepan while stirring and heat up to approx. 60°C.
- Stir in the nougat, hazelnut nut and about half of the hazelnut pralines until the nougat and the pralines have dissolved as much as possible.
- Hold at approx. 60°C for 10 minutes while stirring.
- Allow the ice cream mixture to cool and, as far as possible, let it sit overnight in the refrigerator. Otherwise, continue to process after cooling.
- The remaining chopped hazelnut pralines are melted about 15 minutes before the end of the freezing process to be incorporated into the ice cream mixture. The chocolate mass should only be warm to the touch.
The ice cream machine prepare and pre-cool for a few minutes, depending on the model. Switch on the mixer and pour in the ice cream mixture (duration approx. 30 minutes). Just before the ice cream mass is ready, drop the melted hazelnut pralines into the ice cream mass.
Alternatively in Freezer according to instructions freeze and mix well every 30 minutes with a hand mixer (total time about 4 hours). When the ice cream is ready, the melted hazelnut pralines can be layered with the ice cream.
Who searches the Internet for "Bacio Gelato" instead of "Gelato al Bacio" will come across a few pages that have absolutely nothing to do with ice cream production. Because this name also bears a plant that was bred to satisfy completely different cravings than those for ice cream. 😉
Another great recipe if you still have Nougat left, is my creamy nougat ice cream or also gianduia ice cream. More Ice cream classic can also be found on my page.
*With the affiliate links in this post you support my blog to cover the basic costs without any disadvantage for you. Thank you very much for that!