Make your own blueberry sorbet
Whether you call them blueberries or Blueberries names is actually one thing. They are small, dark blue and healthy, because they contain lots of Nutrients. All the better if you can then enjoy the little powerhouses as ice cream. As blueberrysorbet the taste of this berry is much more intense than other processing.
Ingredients Blueberry sorbet
For 4 portions
500 g blueberries
100 g water (alternatively white wine)
40 g lime juice (approx. ½ lime)
10 g sugar
30 g Dextrose* (dextrose)
1 pinch of salt
Preparation blueberry sorbet
The preparation is like all Sorbets conceivably simple and can be carried out in less than 15 minutes:
- Place all ingredients except the blueberries in a pot and heat gently until the sugar is dissolved. Let the syrup cool down.
- Wash the blueberries thoroughly and put them into a blender together with the syrup and puree.
- The mass is cooled in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
Then pour the mixture into the ice-cream maker or alternatively mix well in the freezer every 30 minutes with a fork (approx. 4 hours). In the latter case, the ice cream can be put into the blender again briefly before serving.
If the ice cream has been in the freezer for a longer time, it will become very hard. Then you should let it thaw for about 15 minutes in the refrigerator before serving.
Things to know about blueberries
- Blueberries - or also called blueberries - have from the end of June until September season. When buying should make sure that the Berries plump and not look shriveled. Alternatively there are also frozen blueberries on offer, mostly also in organic quality.
- As always with fruit, you should pay attention to the quality. Cheap berries on sale are usually contaminated with pesticides. With Organic quality you are on the safe side. Alternatively, you can also self-gather. In addition to the well-known strawberry fields, there are also more and more blueberry plantations for self-picking.
- Blueberries are healthy. Besides the nutrients, the reason is also the natural coloring of the berries. The intense blue color of blueberries comes from the Dye myrtillinwhich belongs to the anthocyanins. These secondary plant substances are said to have an anti-inflammatory effect and can slow down the aging process. A certain cancer prophylaxis is also attributed to this group of substances. Finally, one more reason to enjoy this ice cream regularly.
My other delicious recipe ideas with blueberry are a creamy milk ice cream with blueberries, a vegan blueberry ice cream with coconut yogurt or as fruit in a Tonka bean parfait.
Try but also my other Sorbet recipes off.
Leave a Reply